Winner of a Special Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival, director Lizzie Borden's gritty drama depicts a day in the lives of several prostitutes working in an upscale Manhattan whorehouse. Told largely through the eyes of one of the girls -- a lesbian prostitute (Louise Smith) whose partner has no idea what she does for a living -- the film provides a no-holds-barred portrayal of the world's oldest profession.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Lizzie Borden
- 1987 Sundance Film Festival®
- Grand Jury Prize: Drama
- 1988 Independent Spirit Awards®
- Best Female Lead nominee: Louise Smith
URUnrated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it