On vacation in the Alps, two friends on the verge of turning 80 look to each other for support as both rush to face potentially momentous career landmarks, realizing that time is no longer on their side.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Paolo Sorrentino
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
- 2016 Academy Award®
- Best Music Song nominee
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Youth is a quiet, thoughtful drama about characters reflecting on their lives and learning to accept loss. It's from director Paolo Sorrentino, whose 2014 film The Great Beauty was an Oscar winner for Best Foreign Language Film. Given that the main characters (played by Michael Caine and Harvey Keitel) are in their golden years, the drama may not appeal to teens -- which is fine, since it includes both male and female full-frontal nudity, as well as graphic sex and additional sex talk. Language is likewise strong (but not frequent), including uses of "f--k," "s--t," and "a--hole." A character commits suicide by jumping to his death (nothing graphic is shown), and there's some background smoking.
- Sexual Content
- Full-frontal female nudity, brief full-frontal male nudity. Graphic sex scene. Sex references.
- A character jumps from a balcony to his death (only the jump is shown, not the fall). A character has a hysterical fit. Some arguing. A character dresses as Hitler to prepare for a movie part.
- Fairly infrequent use of words including "f--k," "s--t," "a--hole," "ass," "whore," "bitch," "piss," "idiot."
- Social Behavior
- The movie's message is mostly about learning how to accept loss and regret.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Background smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it