The fashion world is turned upside down when beautiful and utterly empty-headed male model Derek Zoolander discovers that fashion mogul Jacobim Mogatu is behind a plot to assassinate the prime minister of Malaysia.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Ben Stiller
- This movie is
- DVD, Blu-ray and streaming
PG-13Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Zoolander is a broad, spoofy comedy with plenty of mature content. There's an orgy between the three main characters (played by Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, and Christine Taylor) and a few other folks that includes brief glimpses of skin, though nothing explicit. One main character talks about having an eating disorder, and others respond as if that's a good thing. There's talk of drug use, and characters get really drunk before the orgy scene. Though it's played for laughs, the main characters are threatened with death several times -- and in an early scene, a few supporting characters are killed abruptly. Language includes "s--t," "d--k," and one "f--k."
- Sexual Content
- The audience sees glimpses of and hears discussion about an orgy (nothing explicit shown). Flirting, etc.
- Characters are killed in an abrupt but comic manner (fire at a gas station), and the plot involves a political assassination.
- Language includes "s--t," "d--k," and one "f--k."
- Social Behavior
- Ultimately it's better to work together than focus on rivalry and competition. There's more to life than parties and looking good. Also a lot of shallow behavior on display, though.
- Many products are visible throughout the film.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters talk about doing illicit drugs, and an orgy is preceded by heavy drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it