Filmmaker Yony Leyser offers this fascinating portrait of Beat-era writer William S. Burroughs, a man whose sexuality, enthusiasm for guns and public struggle with opiate addiction made him a singular figure in American counterculture. Rare archival footage of Burroughs's odd antics and candid reflections from friends -- including John Waters, Iggy Pop, Amiri Baraka and members of Sonic Youth -- reveal the twisted genius of a literary icon.
- American Masters: Andy Warhol
- Painters Painting
- The Life and Times of Andy Warhol
- Who Gets to Call It Art?
- American Avant Garde Film: 1947-1986
- Silent Night, Bloody Night
- The Velvet Underground: Under Review
- Notes on Marie Menken
- The Universe of Keith Haring
- Con Artist
- 13 Most Beautiful...
- Beautiful Darling