As World War II looms, undercover anti-fascism organizer Kurt Muller (Paul Lukas, in an Oscar-winning turn) moves his wife, Sara (Bette Davis), and family from Europe to America, where Kurt is blackmailed by a Nazi sympathizer and driven to take drastic measures. Based on Lillian Hellman's play and adapted for the screen by her lover, author Dashiell Hammett (The Maltese Falcon), this classic spy drama earned multiple Oscar nominations.
- Charlie Chan on Broadway
- The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
- A Tale of Two Cities
- The Return of Rin Tin Tin
- 13 Frightened Girls / 13 Ghosts
- East Side of Heaven / If I Had My Way
- Heritage of the Desert
- Love, Honor & Oh-Baby!
- Sky Raiders Serial
- Lights Out! and Other Supernatural Tales
- Craig Kennedy, Criminologist
- The Golden Age of Television
- Crossroads: Vol. 1