After launching their act on radio, the pair caught the attention of film studio executives -- who were looking for a new Laurel and Hardy -- and soon made their silver-screen debut with One Night in the Tropics (1940). They went on to win over audiences with slapstick fare such as Buck Privates (1941) and Lost in a Harem (1944), proving to be box-office gold. In 1945, the twosome immortalized their classic "Who's on First?" routine in The Naughty Nineties.
Enjoying a short-lived run on television with "The Abbott and Costello Show," the popular duo split in 1957, just two years before Costello's death on March 3, 1959.
Hoping to impress attractive adventuress Diana, scheming Buzz introduces his friend Stanley as a veteran safari hunter. Thinking the men may be able to help her exploit a remote diamond mine, Diana ropes the duo into joining her African expedition.
- Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein
- Behind the Burly Q
- Funniest Routines: Vol. 1
- Flying / Cowboy / Sarong / Who Done It?
- Hollywood's Classic Comedy Teams
- Best of Abbott & Costello: Vol. 3
- Abbott & Costello: Colgate Comedy Hour
- Best of the Abbott & Costello Comedy Hour
- Abbott & Costello: "Las Vegas"
- The Abbott & Costello Show
- The Best of Abbott and Costello: Vol. 4