Sofia Coppola directs a stylized portrait of Marie Antoinette (Kirsten Dunst), the naive Austrian princess who married Louis XVI (Jason Schwartzman) to become queen of France at age 19. The film explores the effects of a luxurious yet terribly confining lifestyle on the young queen. Her resulting youthful indiscretion and frivolity ultimately led to her undoing. A Cannes Golden Palm nominee, this biopic also took Oscar honors for costume design.
- Faces in the Crowd
- Paris, Je T'aime
- Rolling Stones: Rock and Roll Circus
- Made in U.S.A.
- Girl on a Motorcycle
- Marianne Faithfull: Dreaming My Dreams
- The Rolling Stones: Sympathy for the Devil
- Roger Waters: The Wall: Live in Berlin
- Marianne Faithfull Sings Kurt Weill
- Irina Palm