Mo'Nique's plus-sized persona and everywoman appeal has served her well in sitcoms such as "The Parkers," big-screen comedies such as Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins (2008) and outrageous reality fare such as "Mo'Nique's Fat Chance."
But critics cocked an ear when Mo'Nique stripped away all pretense to play an abusive parent in 2009's Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire. Her shockingly raw performance earned her the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, the Special Jury Prize at Sundance and a slew of other awards and honors that includes her first Golden Globe and BAFTA wins.
In their first Christmas gathering since the family matriarch's death, her widowed husband implores the assembled clan to suspend their incessant bickering. But despite their best efforts, it's not long before the truce goes out the window.
- Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins
- Precious: Based on the Novel by Sapphire
- Why We Laugh
- Soul Plane
- The Big Black Comedy Show: Vol. 1
- Phat Girlz
- The Queens of Comedy
- Two Can Play That Game
- The Good, The Badd, The Funny
- Hair Show
- Best of Platinum Comedy Series: Vol. 1
- The Big Black Comedy Show: Vol. 2
- Mo'Nique's Fat Chance: Seasons 1 & 2
- Farce of the Penguins
- Irish Jam
- Mo'Nique: I Coulda Been Your Cellmate!
- Michael Jackson: King of Pop
- Steppin': The Movie
- Shaq: All Star Comedy Jam: Dallas