Olivia de Havilland
On loan to MGM in 1939, de Havilland played Melanie Hamilton in Gone with the Wind, resulting in a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nod -- and her most enduring performance. She was nominated for Best Actress for Hold Back the Dawn (1941) and The Snake Pit (1948) and won the Oscar for To Each His Own (1946) and The Heiress (1949).
De Havilland's later appearances, although more sporadic, include a notable turn in the miniseries North and South: Book II. Her last screen role was in 1979's The Fifth Musketeer.
Director Victor Fleming's 1939 epic adaption of Margaret Mitchell's novel of the same name stars Vivien Leigh as self-absorbed, headstrong Scarlett O'Hara, a Southern Belle who meets her match in Rhett Butler just as the Civil War breaks out.
- The Heiress
- Captain Blood
- Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte
- In This Our Life
- The Adventures of Robin Hood
- Dodge City
- The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex
- They Died with Their Boots On
- Airport '77 / The Concorde: Airport '79
- Roots: The Next Generations
- Murder Is Easy
- A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Charge of the Light Brigade
- The Snake Pit
- Anastasia: The Mystery of Anna