Olivia de Havilland
On loan to MGM in 1939, de Havilland played Melanie Hamilton in Gone with the Wind, resulting in a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nod -- and her most enduring performance. She was nominated for Best Actress for Hold Back the Dawn (1941) and The Snake Pit (1948) and won the Oscar for To Each His Own (1946) and The Heiress (1949).
De Havilland's later appearances, although more sporadic, include a notable turn in the miniseries North and South: Book II. Her last screen role was in 1979's The Fifth Musketeer.
Director Victor Fleming's 1939 epic adaption of Margaret Mitchell's novel of the same name stars Vivien Leigh as self-absorbed, headstrong Scarlett O'Hara, a Southern Belle who meets her match in Rhett Butler just as the Civil War breaks out.
- In This Our Life
- Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte
- The Heiress
- The Adventures of Robin Hood
- Captain Blood
- The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex
- Dodge City
- Airport '77 / The Concorde: Airport '79
- They Died with Their Boots On
- A Midsummer Night's Dream
- The Snake Pit
- Murder Is Easy
- Charge of the Light Brigade
- Roots: The Next Generations
- Anastasia: The Mystery of Anna