While training at the British American Drama Academy, Bloom landed minor roles on BBC shows and had a small role in the 1997 biopic Wilde. Director Peter Jackson discovered Bloom performing at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1999 and cast him as archer Legolas Greenleaf in his Lord of the Rings trilogy.
With the international success of Lord of the Rings came overnight stardom, and Bloom was in demand, playing major roles and adorning magazine covers. He portrayed a U.S. soldier in Black Hawk Down, hero Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean, and Paris in 2004's Troy.
Director Peter Jackson extends the Lord of the Rings saga with this second installment of Bilbo Baggins's dramatic experiences in Middle Earth. Accompanied by Gandalf and 13 dwarves, Bilbo journeys toward a confrontation with the dragon Smaug.
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Black Pearl
- Kingdom of Heaven
- The Three Musketeers
- The Good Doctor
- LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Ed.
- LOTR: The Two Towers: Extended Ed.
- Ned Kelly
- LOTR: Return of the King: Extended Ed.
- Main Street
- The Best of So Graham Norton
- Ringers: Lord of the Fans
- New York, I Love You
- Sympathy for Delicious
- Digging for Fire