While training at the British American Drama Academy, Bloom landed minor roles on BBC shows and had a small role in the 1997 biopic Wilde. Director Peter Jackson discovered Bloom performing at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1999 and cast him as archer Legolas Greenleaf in his Lord of the Rings trilogy.
With the international success of Lord of the Rings came overnight stardom, and Bloom was in demand, playing major roles and adorning magazine covers. He portrayed a U.S. soldier in Black Hawk Down, hero Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean, and Paris in 2004's Troy.
Director Peter Jackson extends the Lord of the Rings saga with this second installment of Bilbo Baggins's dramatic experiences in Middle Earth. Accompanied by Gandalf and 13 dwarves, Bilbo journeys toward a confrontation with the dragon Smaug.
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Black Pearl
- Kingdom of Heaven
- Ned Kelly
- LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Ed.
- The Three Musketeers
- The Best of So Graham Norton
- LOTR: The Two Towers: Extended Ed.
- LOTR: Return of the King: Extended Ed.
- New York, I Love You
- Digging for Fire
- The Good Doctor
- Ringers: Lord of the Fans
- Sympathy for Delicious
- Main Street