While training at the British American Drama Academy, Bloom landed minor roles on BBC shows and had a small role in the 1997 biopic Wilde. Director Peter Jackson discovered Bloom performing at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1999 and cast him as archer Legolas Greenleaf in his Lord of the Rings trilogy.
With the international success of Lord of the Rings came overnight stardom, and Bloom was in demand, playing major roles and adorning magazine covers. He portrayed a U.S. soldier in Black Hawk Down, hero Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean, and Paris in 2004's Troy.
Stephen Fry stars as playwright Oscar Wilde in this lush historical drama, which follows the larger-than-life personality from his marriage to his wife, Constance, to his torrid affair with a young Oxford graduate that brought about his downfall.
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
- Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Black Pearl
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Kingdom of Heaven
- LOTR: The Two Towers: Extended Ed.
- LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Ed.
- The Three Musketeers
- Digging for Fire
- LOTR: Return of the King: Extended Ed.
- Ned Kelly
- The Good Doctor
- The Best of So Graham Norton
- Ringers: Lord of the Fans
- New York, I Love You
- Sympathy for Delicious
- Main Street