While training at the British American Drama Academy, Bloom landed minor roles on BBC shows and had a small role in the 1997 biopic Wilde. Director Peter Jackson discovered Bloom performing at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1999 and cast him as archer Legolas Greenleaf in his Lord of the Rings trilogy.
With the international success of Lord of the Rings came overnight stardom, and Bloom was in demand, playing major roles and adorning magazine covers. He portrayed a U.S. soldier in Black Hawk Down, hero Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean, and Paris in 2004's Troy.
In the third installment of the swashbuckling series, the Dutch East India Trading Company has sworn to rid the seas of pirates, and Capt. Barbossa, Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann set sail for Davy Jones's locker to rescue Jack Sparrow.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Black Pearl
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
- Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Kingdom of Heaven
- The Three Musketeers
- LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Ed.
- The Good Doctor
- LOTR: Return of the King: Extended Ed.
- Ned Kelly
- LOTR: The Two Towers: Extended Ed.
- Digging for Fire
- The Best of So Graham Norton
- New York, I Love You
- Sympathy for Delicious
- Main Street
- Ringers: Lord of the Fans