While training at the British American Drama Academy, Bloom landed minor roles on BBC shows and had a small role in the 1997 biopic Wilde. Director Peter Jackson discovered Bloom performing at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1999 and cast him as archer Legolas Greenleaf in his Lord of the Rings trilogy.
With the international success of Lord of the Rings came overnight stardom, and Bloom was in demand, playing major roles and adorning magazine covers. He portrayed a U.S. soldier in Black Hawk Down, hero Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean, and Paris in 2004's Troy.
Conjuring up another epic tale, director Peter Jackson unspools the final chapter of the Hobbit saga, with things coming to a head as Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf and the Dwarves at last reach Smaug's lair.
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
- Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
- Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Black Pearl
- LOTR: The Two Towers: Extended Ed.
- Kingdom of Heaven
- LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Ed.
- LOTR: Return of the King: Extended Ed.
- The Three Musketeers
- Ned Kelly
- Digging for Fire
- New York, I Love You
- Sympathy for Delicious
- The Good Doctor
- Main Street
- Ringers: Lord of the Fans
- The Best of So Graham Norton