He first caught the attention of Hollywood execs with El Mariachi (1992), which cost a mere $7,000 to film, and delivered again with Desperado (1995) and From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) before revisiting his low-budget roots with the El Mariachi sequel, Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003).
In the new millennium, Rodriguez has also ventured into mainstream family fare with the Spy Kids trilogy (2001, 2002 and 2003) and reteamed with fellow director Quentin Tarantino (who had co-starred in From Dusk Till Dawn) for the stylized crime noir Sin City (2005) and the compilation horror film Grindhouse (2007).
In this series of interwoven stories adapted from Frank Miller's graphic novels, an ex-con avenges a hooker's death, a detective gets mixed up with dangerous vixens, and a rogue cop becomes hell-bent on saving a stripper from a rapist.
- Machete Kills
- From Dusk Till Dawn
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Grindhouse: Planet Terror
- Four Rooms
- Once Upon a Time in Mexico
- The Adventures of Sharkboy & Lavagirl
- Spy Kids
- Side by Side
- From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series
- Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams
- Spy Kids 3: Game Over
- High Hopes
- Starz Inside: Fantastic Flesh
- Spy Kids: All the Time in the World