He first caught the attention of Hollywood execs with El Mariachi (1992), which cost a mere $7,000 to film, and delivered again with Desperado (1995) and From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) before revisiting his low-budget roots with the El Mariachi sequel, Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003).
In the new millennium, Rodriguez has also ventured into mainstream family fare with the Spy Kids trilogy (2001, 2002 and 2003) and reteamed with fellow director Quentin Tarantino (who had co-starred in From Dusk Till Dawn) for the stylized crime noir Sin City (2005) and the compilation horror film Grindhouse (2007).
Vigilante and ex-Federal Machete returns to battle when the U.S. government recruits him to take down a psychotic revolutionary and a billionaire arms dealer trying to launch a weapon into space.
- Sin City
- Grindhouse: Planet Terror
- Once Upon a Time in Mexico
- Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Four Rooms
- Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams
- From Dusk Till Dawn
- Spy Kids
- Spy Kids 3: Game Over
- High Hopes
- From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series
- The Adventures of Sharkboy & Lavagirl
- Starz Inside: Fantastic Flesh
- Side by Side