Altman cast Duvall again in supporting parts in McCabe & Mrs. Miller (1971) and Nashville (1975), and leading roles in Thieves Like Us (1974) and 3 Women (1977), the latter earning her Best Actress honors at Cannes. During the next decade, she starred in two disparate films -- Popeye and The Shining (both 1980) -- before launching her acclaimed children's series, "Faerie Tale Theater," and a cable production company.
Duvall's subsequent work includes stints on "L.A. Law" (1994) and "The Hughleys" (1999) and big-screen appearances in The Portrait of a Lady (1996), Twilight of the Ice Nymphs (1997), Home Fries (1998), Dreams in the Attic (2000) and Manna from Heaven (2002).
Aspiring novelist Jack Torrance accepts a position as the off-season custodian at an elegant but eerie hotel so he can write undisturbed. But shortly after Jack, his wife and his young son settle in, the ominous hotel wields its sinister power.
- McCabe & Mrs. Miller
- Annie Hall
- Casper Meets Wendy
- Time Bandits
- The Portrait of a Lady
- Suburban Commando
- Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures
- Thieves Like Us
- Bernice Bobs Her Hair
- 3 Women
- Tall Tales & Legends: Davy Crockett
- Tall Tales & Legends: Darlin' Clementine
- Tall Tales & Legends: Ponce de Leon
- Tall Tales & Legends: Johnny Appleseed
- Tall Tales & Legends: John Henry
- Shelley Duvall's Bedtime Stories
- The Underneath
- Twilight of the Ice Nymphs / Archangel
- Directors: Terry Gilliam
- Manna from Heaven